Football doesn’t really do it for me, and I could care less about the NBA. What turns me on is the success of others in the business world–Innovative, current, profitable companies–That’s what I like to follow.
Most recently, I have become a major fan of the folks over at Facebook. Today, I attended a little seminar presented by the Kansas City American Marketing Association, Hallmark and VML. Facebook‘s Director of Marketing & Sales, Midwest territory was the keynote speaker at the event. Brad Keown delivered a ton of relevant information to both individuals and businesses. Here are a few highlights:
- 200 Million users worldwide
- 10 Million added every day
- 63 Million users U.S.
- 900 People employed at Facebook
- CEO is 24 Years old
- Biggest competitor–Twitter
- Facebook is 2nd most blogged site behind Google
- 52,000 Apps on Facebook
- 140 Apps added daily
- Secret sauce at Facebook: Everybody is thinking bigger
- $0 Spent on Marketing
- 55 Different languages